- Email-only deals delivered right to you
- Discounted deals for taxi, hotels & helicopter from phata-Kedarnath
- Special promo codes & discounts
- One Way cab deals from Haridwar
Badrinath Yatra is revered by the Hindu devotees of India. Badrinath is the abode of Vishnu and his dual form often hailed as the Badrivishal. The place is situated at a high altitude of Read Moreover 10,000 feet above sea level. The entire town is located by the Alaknanda River. The valley offers scenic views of the adjacent peaks. Badrinath is visited by thousands of Hindu devotees each year.
Opening dates for 2019
Badrinath temple will be open to devotees on the 10th of May at 4.15 am sharp. The closing dates are yet to be announced. Last year it was 20th November 2018. The devotees who are wanting to visit the place this year must immediately decide upon the dates. There are various travel agents with whom travelers can book the Badrinath Tour packages.
There are many range of accommodation available for your stay. Budget hotels are easily available. It is better to pre-book accommodation from trusted sources in order to avoid any inconvenience.
Temparature and climate
Badrinath experiences chilly cold weather throughout the year. Please carry enough woolens to protect yourself. May to June is the best time to visit the place.
How to reach?
Badrinath can be reached from three strategic locations. They are Dehradun, Delhi and Haridwar.
- Haridwar has the nearest train station from Badrinath. Devotees usually hire a car from Haridwar to Badrinath.
- The nearest airport is the Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun. Dehradun also provides for helicopter services to Badrinath. There is no train service from Dehradun.
- Delhi also has no other option but roadways to reach Badrinath. People can also travel to Haridwar from Delhi and take the state-run buses to Badrinath.
The most availed option is the roadways from either of the places.
Places of interest in Badrinath
- There are a few places to visit in and around the Badrinath temple. Neelkanth peak, Satopanth- the lake. Tapt Kund is the natural hot water lake where devotees take a dip before entering the main temple.
Apart from this, there are some other nearby spots that are visited by the tourists.
- Mana Village- This scenic village is situated some three kilometers from Badrinath and is the last Indian village before the China border. Buses or cars can take people there.
- There are some caves surrounding the Mana Village. These caves have some deep mythological history associated with it. Vyas Gufa is one such cave. Mana Village is a must visit. Bheem Pul is a natural rock bridge in Mana, connects two sides of the Saraswati River. This is also a must visit place.
- Joshimath- This town is located some 44 kilometers from Badrinath. One has to take a car to travel around 2 hours and reach the town. Once in the town, tourists can enjoy the local attractions.
- Narad Kund- Located at a stone’s throw distance from the main town, is the place from where Lord Vishnu’s idol was discovered. Hence, this place is also flocked by devotees. There is a unique phenomenon of hot water spring in the lake although it is surrounded by the snow covered peaks.